10 Intentions you can set TODAY
Setting Intentions can be challenging. Some of you might ask why this is so considering that all you really have to do is write down some things that you want to manifest into your life and then direct your will towards those goals. However, we can often work at cross purposes to our intentions because we haven’t fully integrated aspects of ourselves that are hidden or beneath the surface of our consciousness. Ancient wisdom suggests that our destiny is shaped by our deepest intentions and desires, which is where this gets tricky. Sometimes our subconscious fears and insecurities can block our intentions or our deepest desires are born out of mental impurities and unchecked passions. Since we all have these deep rooted aspects of our personality it can be a complicated landscape to manage. This is one reason why I suggest meditation as a daily practice. The more you practice mindfulness, the more you will come to know the truth about yourself and the more mental impurities you will eradicate. Meditation also calms the mind and puts you in touch with your higher self or a state of pure consciousness. You are contacting the quantum field of possibilities and that’s where anything is possible. After meditation is the best time to set your intentions because you have quieted your ego mind and reached a state of stillness within. Once you set your intention then it’s best to release it, forget about it, and do your best to detach from the outcome. I find this to be the most difficult aspect. Sometimes you want something so powerfully and you’re holding on so tight to the outcome, that it presupposes an underlying fear that it might not become a reality and it’s that unconscious fear that ends up blocking you. This is why new age nonsense like The Secret often fails people. While there are kernels of the truth in the concept, like many spiritual teachings, those truths are buried in mindless poppycock that tells people they can have whatever they want even if the desire is based in needless want stemming from lack, insecurity, and greed. It’s a good practice to remember that you are already whole and avoid setting intentions from a place of lack or need. In fact, eliminating the terms NEED, CAN’T, and TRY should be on the top of everybody’s list. Below are examples of 10 intentions you can set for yourself that will hopefully grow over time and blossom into your life in a powerful and meaningful way.
1. My intention is to cultivate loving kindness to all things living and non-living, visible and invisible.
2. My intention is to use Spirit as my guide with the knowledge that despite the existence of evil, everything is trending towards Love.
3. My intention is to connect with Spirit so that my true life purpose can be fulfilled.
4. My intention is to create a balance between my work, leisure, and personal relationships so that I can grow spiritually from each experience in a measured way.
5. My intention is to attract wealth and prosperity in unlimited abundance so that I may share that wealth with others in a manner that continues to nurture and develop higher levels of awareness and consciousness.
6. My intention is to attract wealth and prosperity in unlimited abundance and allow it to flow through me in a way that is kind, compassionate and in continual alignment with Spirit.
7. My intention is to eliminate self-negating thoughts with the realization that I am connected to all of Creation.
8. I intend to substitute love and compassion for feelings of superiority or inadequacy.
9. My intention is to eradicate as many mental impurities as this lifetime will allow.
10. I intend to cultivate loving relationships with family, co-workers, and the general public so that all my interactions will become more harmonious.
A good primer into setting intentions can be found in Dr. Wayne Dyer’s book The Power of Intention: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way. It’s a little fluffy at times but ultimately when I pick it up and read just a few passages, I feel pretty damn good and I think you will too. Check it out.